Coaches And Scouts
As is popular, coaches are actively involved in training professional athletes and amateurs all the intricate tricks and details that need to be learnt in order to perform well and succeed in the sport. And, scouts are on the lookout for new talent in players wherein they evaluate their skill and assess their likeliness of their good performance at college level, amateur level and professional level. Coaches are also involved in scouting for potential athletes.
What are the duties of coaches and scouts?
Here are the duties that the coaches and scouts perform:
1. They are actively involved in planning, organizing, and conducting practice sessions.
2. They also assess the strong and weak points of athletes, in groups and individuals and of opposing teams too.
3. They are instrumental in providing the right mental strength and prepare the athlete towards superior performance. In short, they provide motivation and encouragement and steer them towards better performance.
4. The coaches are actively involved in planning strategies and choosing team members for each and every game.
5. They are involved deeply in imparting the right techniques and strategies of the game to the players.
6. They have the knack and they have to identify those candidates who show potentiality to perform well.
7. They are also involved in arranging for the appropriate incentives for the players and prospective players.
They are basically involved in imparting fundamental skills of the sports to amateurs and professionals alike. They concentrate on bettering the performance of the players by having practice sessions and training sessions that will improve the skills, form, stamina and technique of the players. It also their duty to impart good sportsmanship values, great team work and competitive spirit in the players. They are involved in taking strategic approaches in the form of evaluating the strengths and weaknesses of the opponent teams and develop appropriate strategies too. They also have the right to call for substitution of players so that the situation in the sport can be handled and the team be led towards success. Most of the coaches are also found in schools who also work as part time coaches.
Coaches are also referred to as sports instructors who also perform similar roles like the coaches do. They are actively involved in assigning specific drills, holding practice sessions and correcting the techniques of the athletes. Sometimes they also work one-on-one and have customized coaching programs.
Scouts are actively engaged in reading newspapers and also following new sources so that they can find potential athletes. They also attend many sports events, watch videotapes of participants and also look into the statistical part to ascertain the potentiality of the athlete. They engage with the athlete to ascertain if he really has the potential to succeed when shown the right path to perform. These findings are then shared with the manager, coach or even the owner of the team sometimes. They always have a roving eye for hidden talent.