Online counseling services are the provision for psychological health services via the internet and telephone. The use of online counseling services has become far more popular in social media, online business, and virtual employment.
Currently, technology has been the biggest boon for everyone in every aspect. Lately, a large number of people have been seeking relationship advice online. There are various counseling websites offering advice regarding relationship queries, Q&A sessions and video consultations as well. But one question that looms everyone’s mind is, “Will Online Marital Counseling work? Would it make the situation much worse? Will it be effective? Or will it be time-consuming?”
Why is Online Marriage Counseling the Best therapy?
Now-a-days, online counseling has become much more convenient. Both the therapist and the client would have convenience in responding to each other without any difficulties at a range of variant times. This type of counseling would definitely be hassle-free in scheduling and setting appointments. This also makes the counselor being able to extend their services.
To make your online counseling work, the partners need to take care of the following things.
- Always make sure that you take up sessions for counseling from a professional trained in relationship counseling. Because many fresh graduates have great knowledge theoretically but practical wise they lack in the area. Henceforth, an experienced psychologist is the best medication to all the psychological illnesses.
- Always need to be anonymous, which gives you more confidence in sharing problems, without being scared to be judged by the societal norms.
- Don’t start too late which would lead the couple away from the path as time is everything to bring back the relationship to the right path.
- Nothing can change unless the couple has the urge on its own to go to counseling and the result of the session only shows when the couple works on after counseling sessions.
- Take a few sessions before deciding whether it’s working or not. Jot down the after session developments in the relationship which shows and gives a sincere tryout.
Does Marriage Counseling Work?
In every aspect, it’s a huge question but in reality, it is a dependent question.
There are so many factors considered that even if we consider to answer in general whether marriage counseling works or not. Even though people said, “Yes, marriage counseling does work out for a relationship”, there are still people who would say a no.
Most of the couples after huge arguments when they drift apart, this common question always crops up. All relationships have ups and downs. It’s hardly known whether it’s a rough phase in a relationship or it’s rather a very serious matter that isn’t going to change on its own.
Marriage counseling does become a requirement when;
- There are longstanding patterns where the partners trying to change the differences and arguments, it again goes back to the same old situations.
- When there is repeatedly a failure in being empathetic towards each other. Unable to understand and unable to emotionally support each other.
- When there is a relationship crisis, which can be a situation to either of the partners a traumatized one.
- When productive communication becomes dominant in the relationship.
Process of Marriage Counseling
The process of marriage counseling is where the couples during their counseling process open up and vent out their feelings, insecurities, and their specified areas of happiness. Counselor also focuses on the nature of interactions while presenting the issues to the partner and also attempting in dealing to help out with the problems.
In the area of the process of counseling, the counselor basically assesses the effectiveness in aspects of:
- Communication with each other
- Efficiency in problem-solving
Dynamics of Marriage Counseling
Marriage counseling or Divorce counseling or any other factor considered for counseling varies for each couple.
- Variation in personal and practical factors: In this level, how understanding and receptive you are to your partner, after attending sessions with the marriage counselor and how good the partners are saving the marriage.
- Arising of problems from disagreement: In this situation, marriage counseling would only work, when, the couple would attend marriage counseling with the intention of discovering what has caused the problems to drift apart from each other.
- Counselor seeking out the cause of the problem: Intention of any counselor would be to find out the root cause and fix the problem. The marriage counselor would basically examine all the reasons thoroughly. This is being done so that the false assumptions made by the partner are being checked out to be true or not. The marriage counselor tries to find out if there is any way to save the relationship.
- Counseling leads both to the previous stage: Many marriages fall apart due to illness, a gap in communication or depression, etc. If both the partners think that they can commit to the relationship and make it work irrespective of all the difficulties, then the marriage would definitely work out.
It is often heard between a couple having issues that “We know the problem but don’t know how to fix it.” Well, it’s certainly the time to take expert help. An experienced marriage counselor can help you get your situations better. Although you are unable to find out where the problem is, a good counselor can make you realize what is lacking in your relationship that can make you a great couple.
Our wellness experts are here to help you make your marital life more meaningful. Undergoing online counseling can be the best medicine you both should have. You may now make a free instant call and talk to a therapist if you really need marital counseling, or you may also book an appointment at your convenient time. Go ahead and make your dreams come true.